Wednesday 6 April 2016

Breaking Him by R.K. Lilley


REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

Breaking Him (Love is War, #1)Breaking Him by R.K. Lilley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"We had all the ingredients of forever love. And on the heels of that was a debilitating and destructive insecurity."

This quote sums up the two leads of this books, Dante and Scarlett. Told in a present and past timeline, these two, childhood friends had so much and lost so much. This book had me gripped from early on but I can honestly say that I was obsessed from about half way. This was a wonderful tale of twists and turns, love and hate. It was a magical recipe and it has left a permanent mark on my reading mind.

Dante and Scarlett are both complex characters and elements of their personalities together and apart are revealed. Dante is described quite perfectly as "starkly handsome but villainous." I came to love him, accept he was a changed man. Scarlett was a brittle character but compelling all the same, her forked tongue was a protective measure and I 'got her' and warmed to her. This book had me on the edge of my seat and seeking a hand-hold from a friend who'd read it. Now, I'm just left considering its brilliance and eternally grateful I can move straight on to Breaking Her.

This is my first book by RK Lilley and I can't understood why I've waited so long. Her writing flowed well but what belies her talent are the characters and their story; her ability to twist the reader into knots is out of the ordinary.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...