Tuesday 3 April 2018

Defy the Worlds by Claudia Gray

REVIEWED BY
Micky Barnard 



Defy the Worlds (Constellation, #2)Defy the Worlds by Claudia Gray
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Deep breath.

“Six months after Noemi’s departure, Abel still has to consciously steer his thoughts to other topics daily. Maybe human love is different. Maybe it’s weak, as variable as the weather and so as emphemeral as a breeze. Abel’s love is not.”

DEFY THE WORLDS jumped literally into action with this sequel with the pacing, writing and characterisation that fulfilled my desire for more from this trilogy. Noemi and Abel were left on different sides of the gate but their stories were compelling and at times in parallel. Both these two were challenged by prejudice for different and yet similar reasons, not fitting in and yet rising above their peers for all the best reasons.

Mansfield and his chilling daughter I thought were a great evil component until I met ‘Chucky’, who absolutely gave me the heebie geebies in every way. There were some skilful plot devices and I find I’m here for the baddies created in Claudia Gray’s mind.

Abel was the character that stole my attention however, ever evolving, loyal beyond Direction One and with one intention. He was the mech and man of integrity for me.

“As he understands it, love is not transactional; it is a thing freely given. The joy is in the giving.”

Noemi was not as constant, her loyalty to Genesis superseded often but I do believe that Noemi was on a grander journey of self and I’ve enjoying observing her, whether she was all action or occasional contemplation.

The grand plot takes you beyond what you know from DEFY THE STARS and so the story opened up even more; concentration is needed. I found some pacing issues in the latter half but I remained engaged. I cannot speak to where I am left other than I need the next part of this story, so very much.

I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...