Saturday 30 June 2018

One Week by Roya Carmen


REVIEWED BY
Micky Barnard 

One WeekOne Week by Roya Carmen
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 stars

Sometimes I like the idea of a twisted married couples, three-in-the-marriage kind of book and when I do, Roya Carmen is one of the authors that springs to mind. ONE WEEK did have a familiarity in terms of reminiscence of The Ground Rules, but there were differences.

Gabriella starts an online connection with another artist on Instagram and feelings connect. Gabi is married to a very selfish man, John. I couldn’t stand John, his self-centredness, arrogance and I wasn’t surprised by the revealing of his character. Eli, the artist on Instagram was a nice guy, but I couldn’t fathom his pursuit of Gabi, knowing her circumstances. Gabi was a bit insipid for my taste.

The story is fairly absorbing, a twisted ride of betrayal but I did have problems connecting to any of the main charcters. I’m not sure what I wanted from the culmination of the story but I felt conflicted and I also found the ending abrupt.

Roya Carmen sure knows how to twist you up into a knot, question your own personal ethics and cause wringing of hands. This is a fairly angsty tale. I know what I’m getting when I read her books and no doubt I’ll be back for more.

I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...