Tuesday 7 August 2018

Dr. Strange Beard by Penny Reid

REVIEWED BY
Monique Cashmere




Dr. Strange Beard (Winston Brothers, #5)Dr. Strange Beard by Penny Reid
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5🌟’s

I can not get enough of these Winston brothers and folk. I firstly want to express how much I enjoyed hearing about what each sibling has been up to, because I miss them like family!

I was looking forward to Roscoe’s story as being the baby of the group, he sometimes was miss judged or overlooked. I wanted to know more about him and what was his take on his whimsical kin. I just knew he had a sense of humor but I was delighted to learn he had a very sensitive side too. His vulnerability and inexperience only made him more adorable. Of course he was extremely protective of what’s his and that too was admirable.

Simone was Roscoe’s childhood bestie, but she was also his mothers besties daughter. Therefore they spent a lot of time together from kids to teens. Miscommunication always leads to trouble and that was what happened to split these two up. Simone moved on, moved out and only came home sporadically over the next ten years. She and Roscoe never crossed paths in that time. She had followed her dreams and became a Forensic Science Researcher. Roscoe also followed his aspirations of becoming a vet. Now she is back home working in the diner her mother owns and she runs into her long lost friend. She has a task to fulfill and Roscoe is not making her job easy.

I loved being inside Simone’s head and seeing her quirky aspect. She was quite comical. The same for Roscoe, learning about his abilities and memory recount was fascinating. I have to say I am slightly envious! The thing I found hard to reconcile with these two was the time frame apart and their reconnection. Multitude of things can happen to a person in these years detached that could change their demeanor and who they were. I felt they needed more time to discover each other’s personalities again before their HEA.

This is a standalone contemporary romance told in dual POV. Although if you want the full effect of this series, it is best to read in book order to keep in the time sequence. It is definitely a series not to miss and I bet, like me, you’ll be re reading them over and over. I am excited for the next installment for this clan with Billy’s tale. His is going to be heart wrenching I feel.

*Reviewed by Monique for JoandIsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...