Tuesday 1 December 2015

Forgetting August by J.L. Berg


REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard


Forgetting August (Lost & Found, #1)Forgetting August by J.L. Berg
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Everything about this book called me in: the blurb, the cover. This was truly a book that didn't disappoint but it also took me in unexpected directions so that I didn't quite know what to expect next. When I had to put the book down, I thought about it, where it was going to go, what was going to happen.

August and Everly were once a very much in love couple. Years later August awakes from a coma and he has no one. Everly has a new life with another man and there is not one thing about the past she wishes to remember. All she feels towards August is anger. Remembering is everything to August because prior to waking up, everything is a blank.

"Life may be difficult, but loving someone........whether it's right or wrong, that should be the easy part."

The premise for this book was such a fantastic idea and the execution was memorable. The writing was seamless and I lost myself in the pages, living the intruigue, the mystery and love. These two characters both attract you but there's also something that niggles about them that you can't put your finger on. The last 15% of this book crushed me, shocked me and had me yearning for the next book. I am utterly impressed by JL Berg, especially considering this is my first book by her. It is added to my favourites of 2015 and I'm off to find her other books.

The publisher provided a copy of this book in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


https://www.amazon.com/review/R2892XNZCGAD24/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...