Monday 22 January 2018

The Idea of You by Robinne Lee

REVIEWED BY 
Micky Barnard 



The Idea of YouThe Idea of You by Robinne Lee
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I think less is going to be more with this review. THE IDEA OF YOU blew me away, discomforted me, challenged me and devastated me. And yet, I loved every minute of the ride; I couldn’t look away as I devoured it page by page, waiting for the impending car crash.

I don’t want to give a thing away beyond the blurb. The characters, Hayes and Solène transfixed me with their story and their pairing.

“So this is what twenty looked like. That sweet spot between adolescence and the moment things began to unravel.”

There are other characters in this story but it’s very hard not to feel anything but absorbed by Hayes and Solène. The complications and angst were intense so that I don’t think I will recover for a while.

The writing in this book is sublime, seamless and this is a writing debut. Robinne Lee is an author to look out for. As many readers of this book will say, I want need more, just so that I can keep on breathing.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews




No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...