Wednesday 15 May 2019

DEBASE by Rachel Van Dyken




REVIEWED BY 
MELINDA LAZAR 

DebaseDebase by Rachel Van Dyken
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Debase by Rachel Van Dyken

Debase is the last book of the Eagle Elite series but fear not! It is also the first book in the Elite Bratva Brotherhood which means that we still get all sorts of EE yumminess (ie Tex) sprinkled throughout.

I always request RvD’s books to read and review (particularly this series) but when it comes time to actually write said reviews, I’m at a loss. I don’t like to give too much away because these books need to be experienced and my reviews never do them any justice. Nonetheless, here we are and here’s my review.

We’ve seen enough of Andrei in the previous books to know he’s ruthless and dark dark dark as they come, no thanks to his father (who, if he wasn’t dead already, I’d be requesting a hit on). Yes, he’s dark but deliciously so. Against his will and even with the best of intentions, he falls for Alice who sees the light in his darkness. How anyone can see light and goodness in another person given what she’s gone through is beyond me but Alice manages to. Andrei and Alice and their background stories absolutely broke my heart and I’m thankful for the humor interspersed throughout this book that broke up the intensity and lightened the heaviness.

Debase is an amazing start to a new series and if you’re new to The Family, you won’t be lost at all. I don’t normally read anything even remotely dark or mafia-ish, much preferring my lighter and fluffier reads, but this series is one I can’t help but read. Why? I hear you ask. Because Family first. Blood In. No Out.

*I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews


https://www.amazon.com/review/RT3B9C5EUMMKA/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv


https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R20HR07GW3WWJI/ref=pe_1572281_66412651_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

https://www.bookbub.com/reviews/3327483278

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...