Tuesday 7 February 2017

Wrecking Ball by P. Dangelico

REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar 


Wrecking Ball (Hard To Love #1)Wrecking Ball by P. Dangelico
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wrecking Ball by P. Dangelico

I don't even know where I saw this book mentioned, but I read the short excerpt and was hooked! I immediately purchased and devoured this fantastic book! I'm more of a friends to lovers reader and I didn't realize how much I love enemies to lovers until I read Wrecking Ball. Maybe it's the way the author wrote it: engaging, witty, laughter-inducing but I just couldn't stop.

The book is written in Cam's point of view and we meet her as her life completely falls apart. Not only has she lost her husband, the man she loves, the man she thought she knew in a freak accident, she's now dealing with the repercussions of his decisions. She's unemployed and frankly, unemployable. After all, who wants the wife of a embezzler teaching their children? As such, she's kind of forced (I say kind of because NO ONE can force Cam to do any damn thing) into accepting a temporary position as a nanny/educator for Sam whose mother is in rehab and is living with his grumpy uncle, Cal. Calling Cal grumpy is a like saying the Pope is a teensy bit Catholic. I mean, this guy was grumpy af but sadly, he had his reasons. Having been cheated on by the woman he loved would make anyone closed off to others.

This book is definitely a slow burn so if you're into the insta-love thing, you won't want to read this. But that would be your loss because Dangelico makes the tension and the wait totally worth it.

I would love to have had a few chapters written in Cal's point of view and I really feel as though Dangelico would nail that voice. I'll mention that there were a few typos that annoyed me but they still don't take away from my love of this book. I am absolutely looking forward to the next book from this author which features Cam's utterly ridiculous best friend who I freaking loved.

*Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R2W7WQGAOOYHUZ/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/RDLCKY4J461M/ref=pe_1572281_66412651_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...