Friday 9 August 2019

Coming Up Roses by Staci Hart


REVIEWED BY 
Monique Cashmere


Coming Up RosesComing Up Roses by Staci Hart
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Let me start by saying, what a freshening Cover this book has. I loved it from the first sighting and think it’s very fitting for the story.

I love a Staci Hart book, and will always be anxiously waiting for the next books release. Unfortunately, this one fell short for me. And I can’t quite put my finger on it as to why. I enjoyed the storyline and the characters but it seemed to be lacking something. There were a few components that didn’t totally fit or feel right for me. It’s odd how only Luke, with Tess, had been the instrumental members to save the family business when everyone else is there helping. And I really couldn’t get my head around the greenhouse in NYC supplying all those flowers on a daily basis and not running out. But I think my biggest dismay was that it dragged on too long where it could have been more concise with more depth.

This is certainly not a rom-com but the banter between the family members had me smiling a lot. It is a very sweet and charming contemporary romance of family values and commitment towards each other and other relationships. There is some angst as well, with an ex causing drama but the biggest outcome is love. It’s not necessarily light-hearted, but it is very heartwarming and full of emotions.

* Reviewed by Monique for JoandIsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...