Wednesday 19 November 2014

Laurie's Time by Author Maryann Jordan

REVIEW by Lynette Kelly


Laurie's Time (The Fairfield Series)Laurie's Time by Maryann Jordan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This is the second book in the Fairfield series but can be read as a stand-alone.
We start with a very emotional prologue in which A twelve year old Laurie who never knew her father, loses her mother and grandmother in an car accident and is then raised by her loving young Aunt Emma.
Now an adult Laurie has finished college and is leaving her Aunt Emma and all she knows to move to the new town of Fairfield and start a job as an elementary teacher. She's found a flat that she shares with her new friend Carol, and feels like it's her time.
Whilst in a grocery store Laurie spies a very hot man. Rob MacDonald is a sexy fireman but has a player reputation, he spots Laurie and he immediately knows that she is special, not one of his usual hook ups. With his player past and Laurie's determination not to be anyone's fling they both have to work hard to overcome complicated pasts in order to have a happy future.
The prologue immediately pulled me into the book, and I found myself reading into the small hours of the morning unable to put this book down. Laurie's Time appealed to me as I found it emotional enough to make me cry, romantic enough to make me swoon, and with totally steamy sex scenes, well let's just say it was a fantastic read.
I cannot wait to read more of maryanns books.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...