Tuesday 23 December 2014

Counting Stars by Alannah Carbonneau


REVIEWED BY Kim Gray


Counting Stars (Donnelley Brothers Book One)Counting Stars by Alannah Carbonneau
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When I first started reading this book I didn’t expect it to end up being the type of story that it was. When I say that I mean that is was not just about Reese and her struggles, it was so much more. It was a very well written story about finding that young love you think will last forever only to lose it. This story started out in a way that got me from the start and I didn’t want to stop reading until I was finished. Reese is only 22 and she is now a widow, not even married a year and she is dealing with a loss that no one can imagine. Her solution to hopefully find her way out of her funk after almost a year of seclusion and going about her day to day life only to survive, but not live.
Reese decides to spend her 1 year wedding anniversary in seclusion for a month in the country, camping and just exploring and hopefully finding an answer to her question. What she discovers about herself while simply going through the process of planning this excursion is one thing. But what Reese ends ups realizing about herself and what she had with Derrick and what she has waiting for her, are not what she expected at all. Suddenly everything is not as planned and Reese must figure out how to make the best of it, and in the process she learns so much more than she ever expected. The story was a little predictable, but hey! It’s a romance novel, what else did I expect to happen. The family dynamic of the Donnelley’s is surely one I will enjoy reading about again. I wonder which brother will be next? I thoroughly enjoyed this book and the relationship between Reese and Logan was golden, I loved it!! And will totally recommend this book to anyone that wants a LOVE Story. I am giving this book a 4.5 star rating, but am scoring it as a 5 star on Amazon and Goodreads.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...