Wednesday 29 January 2020

Heartland by Sarina Bowen

REVIEWED BY
Melinda Lazar 



Heartland (True North, #7)Heartland by Sarina Bowen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Heartland by Sarina Bowen

Heartland is Dylan Shipley’s book and while I wasn’t his hugest fan at the beginning, Dylan definitely grew on me more and more as the book progressed.

Dylan and Chastity have been good friends for a handful of years now and Chastity has always been a little in love with Dylan and Dylan has merely been in lust with pretty much any girl worth a second glance and who is most definitely not Chastity. This goes on with Dylan dating Chastity’s roommate and remaining oblivious to her feelings. When Dylan and Chastity start up a business making and selling caramels, Chastity really seems to grow some confidence and learns to assert herself and ask for what she wants which was wonderful!

I loved so much about this book but what I particularly loved was that I didn’t love Dylan at the beginning yet was firmly team Dylan at the end. Him recognizing his feelings for what they were and also expressing himself and his vulnerabilities to Chastity as well as members of his family truly endeared him to me and I felt like he had come so far and grown so much. Chastity I just adored. She had been through so much and could have gone down a different path but she was all things good and it was a goddamn delight to witness. I loved the progression of their relationship and the nature of their friendship.

This was such a welcome addition to the True North series and I’m so eager for the next book!

*I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...