Wednesday 8 January 2020

Hold Me in the Dark by Helena Newbury

REVIEWED BY
Isa Jones



Hold Me in the DarkHold Me in the Dark by Helena Newbury
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The best way to start 2020 reading Challenge was with this high-octane romantic suspense from the one and only, Helena Newbury.
This book was very special. It was a bit different from what we are used to expect from Helena. Now, this was not a bad thing, on the contrary, I found myself getting sucked into the story from the get-go and I did not want to stop reading until I got my perfect ending.
After a horrific accident in which Yolanda lost more than her ability to walk, she has dedicated her life to help track criminals by hacking and using her incredible mathematical skills. So far she has found a way to cope with her disability by alienating herself from everyone.
Sam Calahan, an FBI agent, is in desperate need of a genius to help him decipher a message in his latest murder case, all he needed was to find the contact, get the information and move on, however, meeting Yolanda totally shifts his world of his axis and he just can't seem to get her off his mind.

Together, Yolanda and Sam suddenly find themselves in the middle of one of the most gruesome murder cases, Sam knows he needs Yolanda to help him, nobody has her mathematical brain but being close to her also means spending more time together and letting someone into his life. For Yolanda the case becomes something of an obsession but it also means putting herself back into society, showing her vulnerability to the rest of the world and realizing how desperately she would like to turn back the time and be complete again.

The story is explosive. There is not one dull moment. Helena has the reader second-guessing where the plot is heading to and to be honest I had no idea the twist we were going to encounter at the very end.
This book played out in my mind like a blockbuster movie. It had suspense, romance, plenty of steamy moments and both characters are cleverly written, so well researched! I was totally blown away.

I cannot express my gratitude to Helena for allowing me to receive an advance copy of this book.
She is my go-to author when I'm looking for something current, intelligent, explosive and fast-paced. Hold Me in the Dark did not disappoint.

5 GENIUS STARS

View all my reviews

AMAZON UK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...