Wednesday 23 September 2020

Scandalous Prince by Rachel Van Dyken

 


REVIEWED BY
Melinda Lazar 

Scandalous Prince (Mafia Royals, #2)Scandalous Prince by Rachel Van Dyken
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Scandalous Prince by Rachel Van Dyken

Violet and Breaker have been in love forever. They are best friends and long to be lovers but as with we know, within The Family, nothing more can ever eventuate. Or, you know, Violet’s Scary Dad might just kill you for it.

I’m not sure what I can say about this book without giving too much away. In fact, I’m not ashamed to admit that I tried to find spoiler-filled reviews while I was at around a third of the way through this book. Unfortunately, as much as I looked, there wasn’t a single bloody spoiler to be found! I can’t handle suspense, not knowing what will happen next or where the author is going with the book tips me over the edge and I know that RVD will do this to me every single time. And yet, here I am, shamelessly begging for the next Mafia Royals book. I’ve loved these characters since day dot and the way RVD wrote their story had me on the edge of my seat. Violet starts off almost spineless, doing as she’s told and presenting the perfect picture but she has amazing character growth as she matures throughout the book. Breaker, Breaker, poor, sweet, violent, murderous, sexy, delicious, loving, utterly flawed Breaker... not much else I can say about him but that my heart absolutely ached for him and I loved him immeasurably.

Scandalous Prince was so damn good and I’m not sure how the author expects me to wait till January for the next book in the series! I’ll just note that the Eagle Elite series does not need to be read before Mafia Royals.

As always: Blood In. No Out.

*I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...