Wednesday 23 September 2020

Lies & Lullabies by Sarina Bowen

 

REVIEWED BY
Melinda Lazar 

Lies & Lullabies (Hush Note, #1)Lies & Lullabies by Sarina Bowen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Lies and Lullabies by Sarina Bowen
4.5⭐️

Lies and Lullabies is the first book in the Hush Notes series and it sets a very high standard for the books (and authors!) that will follow. This is the story of lead singer, songwriter, and guitarist, Jonas and the second chance he gets with Kira, the girl he met one summer five years ago. Jonas has returned to Maine and is delighted to find Kira there though he’s in for the shock of his life!

I have to say loved these flawed characters. They both made decisions and choices that made me roll my eyes to the back of my head in annoyance while simultaneously wishing to slap them both into next week. However, I understood what made them both the way they are and why they made the decisions they did. The book was sexy with the perfect amount of angst and there were some really funny moments that had me laughing out loud. I enjoyed every word but could easily have read more especially with secondary characters like Vivi, Adam, and Ethan there to entertain. This is a fabulous start to a new series and I’m excited to see what Devney Perry and Rebecca Yarros produce and how they redeem Nixon and Quinn.

*I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...