Wednesday 12 July 2017

Jilted by Sawyer Bennett

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard 


Jilted (Love Hurts, #2)Jilted by Sawyer Bennett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was the kind of solid, heated contemporary I have come to expect from Sawyer Bennett with good writing and a light, engaging storyline. JILTED kept me interested and made me feel good. I read it in 24 hours and I wanted to be reading when I wasn't.

Second chance romance is a trope that never really tires for me, especially when done well. Bennett provides a backstory for the first romance that had good depth, so that I felt willing to invest in a shorter-lived connection when Eden and Coop meet again. Eden is an in-demand movie star and this isn't my favourite character occupation but I was relieved to find this to be inconsequential. Coop initially seemed to be a little superficial, in fact he only engaged in superficial relationships with women based on the physical. With Eden, I loved seeing the change in Coop and he really grew on me as a character.

JILTED had fun times but wasn't an all out rom-com, I liked that subtlety of humour weaved within the narrative. I would highly recommend this book for the kind of light, feel good read for those that like heat, lots of heat.

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher through netgalley in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...