Wednesday 5 July 2017

Martinis & Moonlight by Andrea Johnston

REVIEWED BY Tina Shobe



Martinis & Moonlight (Country Road # 3)Martinis & Moonlight by Andrea Johnston
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is book 3 in the Country Road Series but can easily be stand alone. In fact I had not read the previous 2 books prior to reading this one and absolutely had no trouble getting pulled into this book.

Minnie is the definition of giving it all for your family. She steps in to take care of her nieces while her sister is recovering in a rehab center. In the process she moves them into a different town, loses her own relationship (which I don't consider was much of a loss) and takes a leave of absence from her job. She is one in a million.

Through her new job with Jackson at his construction company she gains 'real' friends and gets connected with Owen. Owen had a rough upbringing. Basically hasn't been shown much love. He has no interest in a relationship. Doesn't trust them. He starts off coming across as a self center jerk. But as the story goes along I find myself getting more drawn to him. Personally, I think he portrays himself as self centered to protect himself from feeling.

I love how the author writes from both Minnie and Owen's perspective. I feel it gives the story more depth.

This book really played at my emotions. I felt the loss her sister was dealt, the struggles that both her sister and Minnie are facing, and the feelings that both Minnie and Owen are refusing to acknowledge.

I also felt the strength of Minnie when she's faced with the difficult decision to keep being a 'booty call' or to walk away.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and highly recommend that this book be a 'must read'. I do plan on going back and reading the first 2 books in the series as I feel it will add another layer of depth to the story.








View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...