Thursday 13 July 2017

The Butterfly Project by Emma Scott



Reviewed by Micky Barnard 



The Butterfly ProjectThe Butterfly Project by Emma Scott
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 stars

Emma Scott consistently blows me away with her unique characters and storylines; THE BUTTERFLY PROJECT was no exception. This makes everything she writes stick with me, in the best way. I can recall her books in detail.

THE BUTTERFLY PROJECT explores a number of issues such as surviving in near poverty, living with guilt, fractured family relationships and trust. This is all accomplished through Zelda, the graphic novel artist with a hideous experience that haunts her and Beckett the most lovely guy with much to regret. These two were such interesting and likeable characters, I felt so curious to get to know more about both of them. Their meeting was truly serendipitous and their friendship was a gradual joy. Beckett was reluctant to let himself live and I really wanted something more for him in life.

This was a read of undulating emotions, sometimes very level but with pitching to the high emotions. It made me cry a few times and I'm a reluctant crier at books, which demonstrates Emma
Scott's ability to really make you invested and feel what Zelda and Beckett were. The graphic story really spoke to the emotional temperature too. The side characters were rich and full of depth, Roy was my favourite, he made me all warm and fuzzy.

If you've not dipped your toe into Emma Scott's writing yet, this is a good one to start with and it's a standalone.

A copy of this book was provided by the author through netgalley, in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...