Friday 15 April 2016

Off the Hook by Laura Drewry


REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

Off the Hook (Fishing for Trouble, #1)Off the Hook by Laura Drewry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book surprised me, for the first 5% the book hadn't really grabbed me, but this is the kind of book that just builds and builds. It was a familiar trope and some elements of that trope felt overly familiar until I just read and found that the story was something quite different. This book has a feel of the underdog succeeding and I thoroughly loved that element.

The two lead characters Kate and Liam were once a Vegas statistic but it's been ten years and each has buried the past. Kate is a strong woman who has built a reasonable career from nothing and she was a completely cool chick. She wasn't expecting to ever see Liam again and I admired her ability to get the job done despite this. Liam acts like a total idiot, he's almost a coward. Liam's character grows and it's a fun but poignant read with some nice steam and chemistry.

I never really expected to read a book set in a background of fishing. I can't say I learnt a lot about he pastime but the setting was fun and different. This is my first book by Laura Drewry and I will definitely read her again.

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...