Friday 15 April 2016

Remembering Everly by J.L. Berg


REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

Remembering Everly (Lost & Found, #2)Remembering Everly by J.L. Berg
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have waited for the sequel to Forgetting August with baited breath. Book one made an almighty impression on me and I was excited to hold this book in my hands. The end to book one was gutting and so I braced for the journey through Everly.

Everly with Ryan seemed to me a shadow of herself, her personality lost, pleasing those around her. Ryan is a sweet man but the connection between these two just doesn't sizzle. August had me feeling equal measures of pity and frustration. I wanted to motivate him towards solutions but I had to keep reminding myself that August is a man recovering from huge physical and psychological trauma with little therapeutic assistance. He's also a man of integrity with a broken, aching heart.

The story was angst-ridden, I felt on the edge of my seat with hopes and desires for the outcome but no clue what would happen. There seems to be something irreparable when it comes to Everly and how she was treated by August prior to the accident. There were some good twists along the way. What I can say is that I thoroughly enjoyed the story and journey with these two characters. JL Berg is a talented wordsmith and this is my favourite series of hers.

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...