Thursday 13 October 2016

Wicked Intentions by Elizabeth Hoyt


REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)Wicked Intentions by Elizabeth Hoyt
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have mixed feelings about this book, the writing flowed well, the story was fairly engaging but some elements of the characters and story development left me uninvested.

Lord Caire (Lazarus) is stalking the streets of the unsavory St Gile to find murderer of his mistress. Lazarus (not a name I could bond with) was described a having long silvery white hair; this also didn't appeal to me. However he's a quirky Lord with a singular character which was interesting. Temperance was a widow living in the area, running a foundling house. I liked Temperance but found the reveal of her secret late on to be anticlimatic.

The story didn't engage me past half way and sometimes riled me. Issues over promiscuity raised health concerns for me and I didn't quite understand the need for such depth of the sister's story. I'm sure, however this will be revealed later in the series. Nevertheless, the setting for this book was intruiging and the chemistry was believable.

This is my first read by Elizabeth Hoyt and I have it on good authority the books get better from here on in so I'll definitely be reading more from her.

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/RGJITF7RSGXBO/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...