Sunday 9 December 2018

Jock Rule by Sara Ney


REVIEWED BY
Monique Cashmere




Jock Rule (Jock Hard, #2)Jock Rule by Sara Ney
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 stars.

I enjoyed reading the Douchebag series immensely, just as much as I am loving this series too. They are similar but also different. These ones have next to no drama about them, just a sweet romantic story that has a sports theme as well as a delectable slow burn feel.

Kipling Carmichael has a fancy name, but he looks anything but. Some might say he looks like a Sasquatch! Theodora Johnson hasn't experienced anything lavish in her life, she has worked damn hard for her achievements. She might be a strong young woman, but she somehow can't see how her friends are ditching her over boys. Standing in the background, Kip sees all and decides to break his rule and help her with finding a jock. Neither one expected the eventual outcome. Once they start spending more time together, Kip lets his guard down little by little and is surprised not only on how special Teddy is, but that he can trust her. Kip's appearance might be off-putting for some, but not Teddy. She has discovered she loves Kip's façade, especially his beard, and likes hanging out with him too.

Teddy is that sweet character that will do anything for her friends and family. She has an Aha moment that makes you just want to jump up and cheer for her. Kip is simply wonderful. He is a bit crass and boorish but it only endears him more. I love his family loyalty, and that he had a great relationship with his sister, who was a hoot! I would have like more from her. There was one other thing that niggled me. It was that the lead up of their relationship was great, super even. I felt a little flat though with the way they became a couple, that it just was, and not much else to it. I don't feel Kip taught Teddy in any way how to win a jock over, but he definitely helped her see how she could be more assertive, which was brilliant.

I am hoping there is more coming in this series, I love these books and I will be elated each time I do a re read of these until the next instalment.

**Reviewed by Monique for JoandIsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...