Monday 19 January 2015

Love With Every Beat by KL Shandwick


REVIEWED BY Isa Jones


Love with Every BeatLove with Every Beat by K.L. Shandwick
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My heart will always beat for Alfie!!!

After reading The Everything Trilogy by KL Shandwick, you can't help but feel an emptiness within, the idea of not reading more about Alfie and Lily is a crude one, THANKFULLY we didn't have to wait long as KL has presented us with Love With Every Beat, Alfie's POV.

I am not a big fan of the individual POV's but I rather read each side of their story as I read along, however, this book for me was like a completely different experience, more than a complement to TET I felt I was reading a new book and that really brought a smile to my face.

We really needed to read about him, we needed to know why Alfie was the way he was and what made him behave as he did in all those books. His story is a complex one and you can't help but fall in love with each passing chapter, with each new page and with every new song. I think at times when reading the trilogy you see yourself cringing  at some of the things he did to Lily or the way he behave towards her, but it's this book the one that will show us his true self and why he is the man he is today.
Heartache and loss have played a major role in his formative years and he has used the only mechanisms in order to survive and cope with life, it's those bad habits the ones which at time hinder his relationship with the only person who has made him feel alive one more time, and those factors will be critical to him if he wants to win the love of Lily.

KL is wonderful at the use of the descriptive, and at times I feel like I was a voyeur into Alfie's most secret and hidden thoughts, the story flows so well it's like you want to pick up the phone and call him and ask to tell you what new song he has written or when is his band playing next. Fans of rockstar romance will absolutely love this story. Although it can be read as a standalone I will strongly advice reading The Everything trilogy to thoroughly enjoy Alfie's book.

5 rocking STARS!!

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for that lovely review. I agree that Love With Every Beat is a different experience if you have read Lily's story x

    ReplyDelete

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...