Friday 15 March 2019

This Scot of Mine by Sophie Jordan

REVIEWED BY
Micky Barnard


This Scot of Mine (The Rogue Files, #4)This Scot of Mine by Sophie Jordan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a quick and satisfying historical romance read. I feel like I know what I am getting with a Sophie Jordan book and she delivers the story with a feel-good factor. The story was a twist on the normal Scottish Laird with a bunch of chemistry and superstitions thrown in to meddle.

Clara was in disgrace and sent to her brother, the Duke in the highlands. Except her disgrace wasn't what it seemed and somewhat of her own making. Lies turn into deceit with some hoodwinking on the way and what you get is a big mess. Hunt was a pleasant character, rough-hewn, a little broody but loyal and a straight talker. Clara seemed a bit superior at first but I could see their chemistry and their slow burn towards a deep affection was a great read.

The story isn't unique, I've read something similar before but that did not quash my enjoyment and escapism reading about these two. In fact, it was a perfect distraction.

I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

View all my reviews


AMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...