Thursday 7 November 2019

BEARD necessities by Penny Reid



REVIEWED BY
Monique Cashmere 


Beard Necessities (Winston Brothers, #7)Beard Necessities by Penny Reid
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is one of only a few long series in books, that I have started from the very beginning at book 1 and read each book on its release. I would be hanging out desperately needing to know what was next for the Winston Brothers. This one was no exception, and I went in reading it with a bittersweet feeling knowing this was the very last Winston tale to be told. That feeling quickly left once I started this novel, which is essentially part two of Billy and Claire / Scarlett's journey. Part one, or Book 6 gave us the background of how their love story began, and part two picks up just after Roscoe's book (5), or seventeen going on eighteen, eighteen going on nineteen years after part one - the point is, this is how long their traverse story has been going for. And it is an EPIC one to witness.

Billy is not the eldest in the family, but he had taken on the role of leader from a very early age. It is one he is proud to hold and his family means more to him than his own life. And that includes Scarlett too, she will be forever Scarlett in my eyes. He would do and did anything to keep her safe. Now, all these years later, they are both tired of being angry at each other, they are over all the lies that have been made for the sake of others feelings. And they are sick of the intrusions into their own life but they are in for a doozy because Cletus has plans..... big plans to get these two together, none other than in Italy, and make sure they do not leave until Billy puts a ring on it, at the very least. Now Cletus is smart, but even his plans can't all be perfect. Billy is a man of his own thoughts and actions, and he will delivery Cletus's instructions, but in his own way. From here we get to see how these two open up more to each other and fully understand how deep their love goes. Now I have always been on Billy's side, everything he says is gospel! I think I am a little hung up on him, just like Scarlett. I fully understood his reasons behind why she should never know the entire story back when they were kids. I agreed with him wholeheartedly. And then when she did find out, her being hurt and the reason behind that... well, now I am on her side! I love the way this book pulled me in all directions and opened my eyes up to the "two sides of a story" theory. I always knew it but felt it more so with this book.

Each brother has affected me in some way, but Billy is the one I am most impressed about. I adored him from book 1 and he will continue to be my favourite brother with Cletus being the most entertaining and charismatic one and a close second. I can not rate the others and they all fall into my third favourite. If I was to recommend which book out of this series is a MUST read? All of them, you couldn't possibly not know each and every one of them and get the full Winston history and drama. I am sad that this jaunt is over, but the epilogue gave me a sense of calm and complete. I also know that I can and will read this series again from its entirety again in the future, which is rare for me, but I love them all so much, I can not fully say goodbye.

*Reviewed by Monique for JoandIsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...