Monday 2 May 2016

Phoenix by Cecilia London





REVIEWED BY Becky Cox


Phoenix (Bellator Saga, #4)Phoenix by Cecilia London
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Cecilia London
Phoenix

Phoenix is the fourth instalment in the Bellator Saga. You must read the first three books before reading Phoenix. Dissident is the first book and is currently free.

http://www.amazon.com/Dissident-Bella...

I love Jack and Caroline like crazy. Cecilia London is forging her own way in creating a new genre.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I consumed this book, as I did the first three. This series is addictive and so brilliantly written.

Caroline is struggling emotionally with the traumas she suffered at the hands of the Feds and her personal losses as a result of the Feds actions. She is definitely suffering from PTSD and is sometimes cruel, even to the people she cares about. While I know this is a journey she has to take to reach emotional recovery, there are times I want to shake her.

The author brilliantly navigates Caroline's mental state and the processing of her demons. Caroline spews hatred, cuts with her tongue and then is a ball of sobbing self-loathing. I love her strength and her ever present wit, even though occasionally it is used as a weapon.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

She and Jack's journey is not over, nor is the rebellion. I have faith that their epic love will win in the end.

Reviewed by Becky for Jo&IsaLoveBooks
http://joandisalovebooks.com/
http://joandisalovebooks.blogspot.co.uk/


View all my reviews

Amazon US


Amazon UK


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...