Tuesday 24 May 2016

The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski


REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard


The Winner's Crime (The Winner's Trilogy, #2)The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I am a mess. This book has enthralled me but broken me with how it has ended, not that I didn't see something of this nature coming. What is overwhelming in this book is the maturity growth in both Arin, but especially Kestrel. At only just 18, the responsibility, political espionage, compassion and moral compass, complicated by her love for Arin is one huge burden for Kestrel to carry. Arin felt a bit beaten down for some of this story but I do love his resilience in the face of adversity and he too cannot shake the deep connection with Kestrel.

This story just gets better and better and I'm holding my breath about what will happen in the final instalment. These lands, nations and cultures are so interesting and I really enjoyed the addition of the Darcan to the story. I keep thinking more is going to come of Risha's character, but not yet.

The description in this book is vivid, from detail of physical mutilations to costume and ceremony. It enables the reader to conjure up such a tangible visual as the story plays out. If all continues in this thread of goodness, this series is going to become an all time favourite but I'm a bit reluctant to get there because I don't want it to end.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R2TKH9KUGXLUX3/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00THAVGAW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...