Tuesday 24 May 2016

Sugar Daddy by Sawyer Bennett




REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

Sugar Daddy (Sugar Bowl, #1)Sugar Daddy by Sawyer Bennett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 stars

I've read most of Sawyer Bennett's books and this was totally unlike the rest. It starts off in rather a dark place, whilst that sense of deep difficulty doesn't endure throughout, it's in the background, on your mind, steering the journey. I didn't know what to make of it the first 10% but as a whole, I think this was quite excellent. It pulled me in and it felt a little out of the ordinary romantic suspense.

Sela is as unconventional as her name. She playing a role to seek revenge, however what starts as a means to an end, results in some deep feelings for Beck. I liked Beck, despite his CEO status. He was a genuine man, surprised at the turn of events. These two together held promise and I wanted something real for Sela in particular. Beck was able to bring some self belief to Sela.

"He's given me pleasure and respect. He's given me self-worth. Beck has made it so that I don't consider myself a victim."

There was the odd moment where I felt Sela might be 0.5% bunny boiler! The jury is out on that one.

This read is going to stick with me, especially as it won't be complete in terms of story for another two books. I'd quite like to stomp my feet and demand the next book, but I'll wait impatiently along with others who read, to know the outcome.

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...