Wednesday 25 May 2016

Trusting Cade by Luna David


REVIEWED BY Isa Jones

Trusting Cade (Custos Securities, #1)Trusting Cade by Luna David
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I am trying to gather my thoughts after reading this book.
Trusting Cade by Luna David is her debut book and if this is any indication of what there is next in store, be prepared to see this lady amongst the top writers of this genre.
I have no doubt in my mind that Luna will excel. This book was well written, well edited and more importantly had a great plot.
There is no secret that that I am a big fan of MM stories and I have seen an influx of writers and novels in the past few months. So why do I believe this to be different from some other books out there, and why did this book was so great in my opinion.
Firstly as I said before, for being Luna’s first published book it had an impeccable attention to detail. Secondly, each character was well delivered. The story grabbed me from the very first page and did not let me go until the last one. The dialogues between all characters were perfectly structured and I loved being able to know their thoughts and feelings, this was different from a lot of books out there, Luna brought this new style of writing and it was refreshing and it allowed me to completely get into their minds and feel every single emotion, I cried, laughed, sighed and everything in between, it was simply breathtaking!
I feel in love with both Cade and Braden, and I was sadden to come upon the end of the book.

Cade, an ex-Army Special Forces Captain now has a thriving business with his best friend Cooper called Custos Securities. They offer security protection for both companies and individuals, priding themselves to offering a professional and top class service from only hiring those who excel in their business. The hiring process is a gruelling one.
A chance encounter places Cade into Braden’s world at a time when (without him wanting to accept it) needed him the most.
Braden is a prominent “pastry chef” or patissier, he co-owns a coffee shop with his best friend Maya and leaving the front of house dealings to her, he prefers to be in the kitchen where he is the happiest. That is until lately; he has a secret, one who he hasn’t shared even with Maya, unfortunately or fortunately for him, by a twist of fate she stumbles upon this information and as soon as she realises the danger in which Braden is in, she goes ballistic at the same time when her brother Cooper and his best friend Cade arrive at their shop. From this point forward, Luna grabs our attention delivering a wild chase of cat and mouse, as well as passionate and heartfelt romance between Cade and Braden.

By far this is a must read book for all lovers of the MM genre and one of my top reads of 2016!

The story continues in the next instalment coming out this summer, and I can’t wait for it!
ARC received in exchange of an honest review.

5 TRUSTWORTHY STARS Isalovesbooks


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...