Thursday 8 December 2016

Hail Mary by Nicola Rendell


REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar 


Hail MaryHail Mary by Nicola Rendell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Hail Mary by Nicola Rendell

I'm really loving Rendell's style of writing. She keeps her characters witty, engaging, lovable. Jimmy 'The Falcon' Falconi and Mary are no exception to this. We meet these two fabulous characters at the gym where they're sparring with each other. Jimmy, being the gentleman that he is, hesitates to hit a girl and as a result, is knocked on his ass. But don't worry, he's not the first to get knocked down by the firecracker! From that instant sparks fly, angels sing, champagne bottles are uncorked and the rest is history.

What can I say about the characters? Jimmy is a quarterback for the Chicago Bears and Mary has no idea who he is -a fact that Jimmy loves! He's having a bit of a bad run on the field and is close to getting removed from the team. He's an honest, filthy, charming SOB and his Costco obsession had me in fits of laughter!

Mary works as a physical therapist, usually helping older people when her job brings her right back to the arms of Jimmy and that's where the good times start. She's an awesome character, with balls to rival Jimmy's, but she's still a girly girl. She gives as good as she gets and boy, does she get!

I really enjoyed this book. It had me laughing, shaking my head, and fanning myself all within minutes of each other. I love that Rendell gives us a little something extra when it comes to secondary characters: good or bad, they are never to be forgotten! I would have liked a bit more of Mary's background and more of the boxing aspect but all in all, this was a great read, and one I definitely recommend.

*arc received in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R8WKSESOUGK3Z/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...