Wednesday 6 February 2019

Dirty Halo by Julie Johnson


REVIEWED BY 
Melinda Lazar 



Dirty HaloDirty Halo by Julie Johnson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Dirty Halo (Forbidden Royals Trilogy #1) by Julie Johnson
4.5*

Wow! The first book in Johnson’s brand new series sets an amazing tone and having just finished a few hours ago, I’m left a little lost and confused and frankly, demanding the next book right tf now!

When the current King and Queen of Germania are killed in a palace fire, Emilia is dragged to the palace and her father (with whom she has had zero communication her entire life) and is essentially forced to take her place as the Princess of Germania. With that, comes a whole lot of secrets and lies, lust and intrigue.

I adored Emilia’s character: she was funny and super smart, stood up for herself without hesitation, and being human, also made some questionable decisions. I also adored Emilia’s new step-siblings: Chloe was hilarious and is well on her way to being a good friend and honestly, that’s a huge deal for me! Johnson could have made her into the evil stepsister (considering we already have the evil stepmother!) but instead she chose the good friend route. Love it. And her stepbrother? Lord Carter Thorne.... utterly delicious. That is all.

This is a fantastic start to a series and the only reason I’m giving four instead of five stars is because there was a small number of details I didn’t like and while they were minor enough, they’re still playing on my mind even hours later. Again, this book is the first in the series and does end in a cliffhanger but don’t let that deter you! I usually avoid books with cliffhangers without exception but I couldn’t resist this blurb and I’m so glad I didn’t wait.

*I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

*Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...