Wednesday 13 February 2019

Motion by Penny Reid

REVIEWED BY
Micky Barnard 



Motion (Laws of Physics, #1; Hypothesis, #2.1)Motion by Penny Reid
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

So there’s Mona and then there’s Lisa and in this book you get a slice of both of them. MOTION quickly launches you into the quirky, intelligent world of Mona. She feels initially one-dimensional and she is definitely somewhat emotional stunted but there’s lots to unwrap with Mona, her quirks, her quips and her insecurities. I like Mona, a lot and I feel like I’ve only just scratched the surface.

Abram is the house-sitter but really the minder and chaperone employed to keep ‘Lisa’ in line. He’s nice, in every way, there’s not much to dislike, after all he took her to a bookshop and had some great recs. Can I just pause here a moment and admire the cameo for the books that were name-dropped? There is some bubbling chemistry between these two and again I felt like I was scratching the surface with what is possible but there I still much more to come both in my connection with the characters and the story itself.

I didn’t find the cliffy bad, more like a commercial break but I’ll need the next instalment tomorrow.

I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...