Tuesday 12 February 2019

The Double by Helena Newbury


REVIEWED BY
Isa Jones


The DoubleThe Double by Helena Newbury
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love how Goodreads has a little question when you are about to write your book review. What did you think? they ask.
Well let me tell you what I thought about The Double: It was Exhilarating, Compelling just in one word simply mesmerising.

The Dictionary describes mesmerising as: capture the complete attention of (someone); transfix.a former word for hypnotize. to hold (someone) as if spellbound.

I think I am completely bewitched by Helena Newbury because every time I open and start one of her books I am in a trance. Seriously Helena, you have put a spell on me and I just don't think I have the words to describe how reading this book made me feel, it was a complete state of elation.

To give those who are reading this review an idea, this book was in my humble opinion, one of the best mafia/gangster romantic suspense stories I've ever read.
Cleverly written with an incredibly original storyline I was enraptured and virtually on the edge of my seat. There was not one dull moment and those times where the tone was calmer, the pages were filled with very steamy scenes or deeply meaningful dialogues.

The story of Hailey and Konstantin is one that I will cherish forever and will eternally remain as one of my top reads of all time.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

ACR received in exchange of an honest review.

5 SPELLBINDING STARS. Isa for Joandisalovebooks Review Team.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...