Wednesday 27 February 2019

Tumble by Adriana Locke

REVIEWED BY
Micky Barnard 



 Tumble (Dogwood Lane, #1)Tumble by Adriana Locke
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What a delightful surprise this turned out to be. I’ve been meaning to try out Adriana Locke for a while because I’ve heard good things, so I jumped at this opportunity at an early read. The blurb appealed with a second chance, small-town romance and it delivered on that very well.

This book was a grower, it slowly simmered to a boil with a story that drew me in more over the pages. Dean grabbed my heart fairly quickly, I just knew there was more to the issue, I just didn’t know what. Mia was pretty likeable and Neely, like the story, grew on me. Neely was the one to return to her home town, down on her luck but a career and NY girl at heart. This book had a rich bunch of friends and family that made this read a little deeper than expected.

I did a fair bit of highlighting in this story and when I looked at what I’d highlighted, it was mostly Dean’s dialogue. He was written in such a believable way and the way he was trying to hold back on his affections just made me all heart eyes.

“She fit right back into that spot - her spot - in my life.”

This is an ideal escapism read with a small town theme and gorgeously romantic. I truly enjoyed Adriana Locke’s style of writing, it had just the right balance of the physical with far more focus on the emotional. I will be reading more from this author without a doubt and I’m looking forward to more from this particular series.

I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

View all my reviews


AMAZON UK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...