Tuesday 9 July 2019

Just Love by Prescott Lane

Reviewed by 
Monique Cashmere



Just LoveJust Love by Prescott Lane
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Firstly, I couldn't start this review without making mention of the cover! It is stunning! Now I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but if you are already going into it with a smile, its got to be a plus.

This novel took me on so many paths before we got to the epilogue, that at first I was unsure if it was for me. There are two parts to the novel, and the first part is a little jumpy with past and present times and the two different lead characters. Once I got that worked out, it flowed much better. At one point, I thought I knew where the storyline was going, but at the halfway mark, I was totally wrong. And it surprised me in a good way, a sad way, but it gave the book more spunk and backbone. It also made the present time, part one, make more sense in their choices. I hope that isn't too cryptic, as I do not want to give anything away. It's a story that you need to travel and explore on your own.

What I will tell you is these characters had me liking them, loving them, hating them, loving them, so you can see I got all the ambience I am sure the author was trying to convey. Yes, it is a brothers best friend trope, as well as a second chance romance, but it is so much more than that. There is definitely angst and the good angst that has your heart beating fast, and holding your breath waiting for the outcome. At times, I was mad at them both, but when you truly take in what had happened, and how can things ever be the same, it wasn't until the last few chapters when Rhett was showing her, that I put myself in their shoes. I have no idea how I would handle the situation, and I would hope with the same grace that Ainsley did, but they both had to come to terms with it and go through all the emotions. And then, I 'just' wanted to hug them both and be excited about their future.

Lastly, I cherished that epilogue. It was the best conclusion for this couple and it made my heart melt. This is the first book I have read from this author and I know I will be looking out for more from her.

** Reviewed by Monique for JoandIsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...