Tuesday 9 July 2019

The Marriage Pact by Winter Renshaw

Reviewed by 
Monique Cashmere 




The Marriage PactThe Marriage Pact by Winter Renshaw
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I read the synopsis of this book, and I was so excited to read it, wanting to know more about Prince Julian and Emelie. Unfortunately, it wasn’t anything I was expecting or anticipating and I felt let down.

While the love story was one that I was getting into, there were too many dilemmas thrown in to build angst that only made me roll my eyes. The initial reason for their teen split was dubious and far-fetched to say the least. It is something that I can not see happening, ever. Even the week or two after, still being in everyone’s presence, and it’s not discovered then, is implausible.

Now eight years later, with no dialogue between them, and he fronts up to her door at 1am to ask for her hand in marriage. Ok, this still could have been a very romantic gesture as we discover they both have unfinished business and deep feelings towards each other. Sadly, more drama is tossed at them in every which way and form, and this could be life testing them, but it felt fabricated. Emelie had the patience of a saint until she didn’t. And what she couldn’t forgive was the easiest one of them all. Especially given her own reluctance to find out why Julian was different days before the wedding.

What I enjoy when reading a Royal novel is all the history and protocols that go with it. Prince Julian was trying to do the right thing by his family and country. At times I was rattled with how some typical royal customs were disregarded. There is no way a future princess / queen would reside in the same house as her future husband before the wedding. This was one of a few things that then made the story more common and not regal. The biggest thing I could not get my head around was the 180° turn the Prince had. Being so out of character from what we got at the start of the book, I wonder how long their HEA can last. Even though I wasn’t fond of this novel, it will not stop me from reading another from this author.

** Reviewed by Monique for JoandIsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...