Monday 21 October 2019

Awk-Weird by Avery Flynn


REVIEWED BY
Melinda Lazar 

Awk-Weird (Ice Knights, #2)Awk-Weird by Avery Flynn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Awk-Weird by Avery Flynn
4.5*

This book was hilariously awkward and delightfully weird with characters you cannot help but fall in love with.

Tess is fact-spouting florist who has not had the most fantastic of relationships with her family. She’s made her own family with a close-knit group of friends but even then, she’s waiting for the other shoe to drop, for them to leave. After all, in Tess’s world, no one ever sticks around and everything and everyone are temporary.

Cole is not a fan of change. And when I say not a fan, I mean he resists it at every opportunity. Everything in his life and his home has a place and space and that’s how they will stay, dammit! Every aspect of his life is ruled by routine and a strict regimen and it works for him until colorful Tess enters his life and stirs things up a wee bit.

With Tess and her issues and Cole still believing he’s in love with his ex, there’s a lot of confusion and frankly, hot sex, to be had as they work out the dynamics of their relationship. There’s really not much I didn’t like about this book apart from a few instances where I could have cheerfully throttled both Tess and Cole. Otherwise, I read much of the book with a smile and great enjoyment - I have a feeling Tess and Cole’s is a story I’ll return to in the future. And after that little snippet of Loud Mouth, I’m more eager than I thought possible to get my hands on Petrov!

*I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R3B5LQF9G59G8Y/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

https://www.bookbub.com/reviews/2281227671

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...