Monday 7 October 2019

Never Have I Ever by Lauren Blakely

Reviewed by 
Melinda Lazar 

Never Have I EverNever Have I Ever by Lauren Blakely
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Never Have I Ever by Lauren Blakely

Sigh. The single-dad trope is one of my absolute favorites and Lauren Blakely writes it so damn well. Never Have I Ever is the story of single dad divorce attorney, Zach and mostly enemy/rarely friend, wedding planner Piper. Sounds like a clashing of worlds, doesn’t it? After all, what could a wedding planner and divorce attorney possibly have connecting them together? Well, for a start, their respective best friends are getting married which immediately throws Zach and Piper together. Coupled with the fact that Piper is on solid friendship terms with Zach's daughter (and they work out of the same building), they spend more time together and enmity turns into oh so much more.

What did I love about this book? Ahh pretty much every single thing! The characters are my kind of people - from the friendships to the romances, to parent-child - I adored and devoured every word. I loved that Zach wasn’t a bitter, woman-hating divorce attorney. I loved that *he’d* loved before and wasn’t keeping all sorts of anger and hostility bottled up. I loved that Piper was a wedding planner who wasn’t wearing rose-tinted glasses. She knew what could be on the flip-side and that also didn’t embitter her. All in all, this was a fabulous read and one I can’t wait to revisit in the future.

*I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews


https://www.amazon.com/review/R36HY5Z6C5JMQ9/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv


https://www.bookbub.com/reviews/1960516530

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...