Wednesday 23 October 2019

Moonlighter by Sarina Bowen



REVIEWED BY
Melinda Lazar 

Moonlighter (The Company #1)Moonlighter by Sarina Bowen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Moonlighter by Sarina Bowen

Moonlighter is the first book in Bowen's new series, The Company and it features Eric Bayer, a character from one of my favorite series, The Brooklyn Bruisers. Eric is feeling the tolls hockey is taking on his body and while he fully plans to rest on his break, his brother has other ideas which include sending him to Hawaii to play bodyguard/boyfriend to Eric’s childhood friend, Alex Engeles. Given that Alex didn’t recognize Eric when they bumped into each other not so long ago, he’s not particularly eager to help but the apprehension doesn’t last all that long.

I’ve had this book on my kindle for well over a week now. I was excited to read it but at the same time, I didn’t actually want to read it because then it would be over. Then when I started I worried that I’d built it up too much and that I’d be left disappointed. Silly me! I started this book and could barely stand to put it down! I’m lucky enough that I managed to read this over the weekend and only stopped for sleep. This book had everything and ticks all the boxes: the flirtation and banter that I’ve come to expect from Bowen, the sports references I love, the kickass heroine who I’ve decided is my new best friend, the somewhat grumpy hockey player I want to cuddle like he’s my own personal teddy bear, and of course, the suspense I NEVER KNEW I NEEDED!!!! This book kept me on my toes with twists and laughing at some of the comments tossed around. Bingley was a highlight for me and I’m going to request one just like him for my next birthday. Speaking of requests, I would love love love Bowen to write Max and Duffs stories sooner rather than later. I neeeeeeed more of The Company please!!!

*I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...