Sunday 6 October 2019

Beard With Me by Penny Reid




REVIEWED BY
Monique Cashmere

Beard with Me (Winston Brothers, #6)Beard with Me by Penny Reid
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

There is no other way to describe this book but to say it’s EPIC! If you have been following this series like I have, you will know all about the brooding Billy. You will also know that there is a back story between him and Claire McClune / Scarlet St Claire. Tension has been so thick with them in the previous books that you can’t help but need to know what happened surrounding their tale. This edition is the whole background and leads up to their love story. It doesn’t end on a cliffhanger but it will leave you with plenty of longing and wondering how can it all be fixed. It starts from the very begging of all the siblings' stories and it ties them all in together with snippets linking each book/sibling. I loved that, the way Billy was integral in all their lives in such a positive way.

One thing you should be warned about and will know this fact if you’re a fan of this series is that Scarlet and Billy both suffer at the hands of their fathers who are in an MC. And it’s brutal and sad. It is told to us in a remarkable way that you have this undying compassion for them as it’s so tragic. It gives you plenty of insight as to the young adults they were and how it has shaped their later lives.

I have always adored Billy for his loyalty and family values but this book cements my opinion solid. He is simply the best person you would want on your side. It is why all the other siblings look up to him for guidance and reassurance. Scarlet was a sweet teen with difficult circumstances that had aged her into adulthood early. She knew she was raised differently but still took pride in where she was going in life. She was an extremely strong young woman and I’m eager to read more about her in the next book. I have cherished each of these brothers for so many distinctive reasons but Billy will now be my favorite Winston. I’m hurting but I know this next book will ease all my worries and I’m betting this couple will have their HEA in the end and it will be valorous.

* Reviewed by Monique for JoandIsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...