Monday 29 April 2019

For Lila, Forever by WInter Renshaw

REVIEWED BY
Monique Cashmere 


For Lila, ForeverFor Lila, Forever by Winter Renshaw
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The latest book from Winter Renshaw is a contemporary romance told in dual POV about a journey of a summer love to ten years later when they meet up again and all the ugly truths come out. Thayer and Lila meet on his family’s island where he holidays for the summer and she is there tending to their needs, being the granddaughter of the caretakers. He was infatuated from first sight and after she learnt to trust him, they started their forbidden relationship.

I read this book in one sitting, entranced by this couple. Thayer was very attentive and had a sense of optimism that was infectiously sweet. Even though Lila was the total opposite, she had a work ethic and strong personality that I admire. I enjoyed the layout of the book with the storyline alternating from past to present. It gave the novel a sense of anticipation and it was very easy to follow. I was swept along with the build-up of the rendezvous in the initial summer and how Thayer came about finding Lila again. What I did struggle with was the quickness to their reconciliation. I would have like to see them discover each other again, as people change a lot in ten years. We never did find out what Thayer’s tattoos were about, that still has me thinking. The epilogue gave me a conclusion that made sense and made me smile for all the outcomes.

** Reviewed by Monique for JoandIsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...