Tuesday 23 April 2019

The Girl He Used to Know by Tracey Garvis Graves



REVIEWED BY
Melinda Lazar 


The Girl He Used to KnowThe Girl He Used to Know by Tracey Garvis Graves
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Girl He Used to Know by Tracey Garvis Graves

This book was a really special one, full of awkwardness and heart and utterly endearing characters.

Annika and Jonathan meet in college at chess club in 1991. While others look at Annika and see an oddity, Jonathan sees her in quite a different light and is one to appreciate her as she is. For reasons you’ll have to read about, there is a heartbreaking breakup and the two don’t see each other until ten years later in Chicago.

The book skips back and forth between the then and now, between 1991 and 2001 and is written so beautifully that we get to experience every feeling, uncertainty, anxiety Annika and Jonathan go through. Every heartache and every heartbreak. I don’t want to say too much but I will say that I adored this book and the characters - ALL of them. Annika captured my heart and Jonathan just stole and ran away with it.

*I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...