Sunday 3 July 2016

Kulti by Mariana Zapata


REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

KultiKulti by Mariana Zapata
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Sports romance perfection - 6 stars.

This book is about friendship, deep relationships that matter and have substance. Sal is a professional female soccer player, not a big earner but she's doing something she loves. Kulti 'the Bratwurst' is her childhood soccer crush, now her coach. He's a grumpy guy, without any niceties, in fact, there's very little to like about him, yet I was unbelievably drawn to him. Some facets of his character reminded me of Fitzwilliam Darcy. I was like iron filings to his magnet.

Sal and Kulti clash and then develop a friendship. This friendship was one of my favourite relationships I've ever read; platonic love/hate, push/pull. Sal is a strong woman with drive but she's just a totally nice person with humility and kindness. They were quite opposite.

This was the slow, slow burn but my, the lust bubbled, at least on the reading end it did. The slow burn is not always for me but in this case it was perfect for this couple, this story. The story line had substance and kept me completely invested in the lives and careers of the characters.

Mariana Zapata has excelled herself in this book. Her writing was seamless, making me willing to wait for whatever eventuality this story produced. I honestly didn't want the book to end. For fans of previous books of hers there is a little surprise cameo. I am looking forward to reading more from this talented author.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...