Monday 4 July 2016

Moonshot by Alessandra Torre


REVIEWED Melinda Lazar

MoonshotMoonshot by Alessandra Torre
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Moonshot by Alessandra Torre
4.5*

Wow! This book was full of Alessandra Torre goodness! I honestly read this book in its entirety while holding my breath. It's full of twists, turns, and eReader throwing and I was well and truly invested.

The book is written over several years and the meat of it starts when Ty is a 17 years old ball girl for the New York Yankees. Chase is baseballs quintessential 'bad boy' and has just been traded to the Yankees. Ty is warned against Chase, but well, the heart wants what the heart wants, right?

I loved Ty at almost every stage of her life, from a young ten year-old who goes to live with her dad- a NY Yankee closer- to the moment she met Chase, right through to the end of the book. Yes, she made mistakes that I could have smacked her for, but hello? She's 17, who doesn't make mistakes at that age?!

Chase Stern. Just freaking swoon-worthy. Now if there's anyone who has made some unwise decisions, it's Chase and while I'm not excusing those, I can certainly sympathize with him. I almost felt that he was misunderstood and once he met and got to know Ty, he really showed his inner-beauty and truly treasured her.

Torre covered so many genres throughout this book; we had YA, second chance romance, sports, and oh my goodness did we have suspense! There's also heat, passion, and tension galore. And while it all sounds like an odd mix-up, I think Torre executed it perfectly. The story is fast-paced, gripping, tension-inducing! Moonshot is now up there as a favorite of mine from this author and I can't wait to read it again.

*arc received in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R96T4PY2GP38O/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/RVPUTNFTKEYBL/ref=pe_1572281_66412651_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...