Sunday 10 July 2016

Shadow Lily by G.J. Walker-Smith


REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard 


Shadow LilyShadow Lily by G.J. Walker-Smith
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Some beloved characters are reconciled with some reviled characters of old in this latest novella from the wishes series. What arises is a tale that tracks desperation, deep sorrow, friendship, self belief and sweetness all spliced with the poignancy and wit I've come to admire in GJ Walker-Smith's writing.

Lily is the main character of this story, one of the 'Beautifuls' but now grown up. Charli is one of the key secondary characters in this novella and it was an interesting journey to see her awkwardly stretching her friendship muscles with an old rival.

“I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed, Charli, but I’m not brain dead. I have to believe there’s more out there for me than that."

There was just enough Adam to whet my appetite for the next book but also leave me longing for more (you can't take the Adam out of this fan-girl). Oh, and did I mention that there's also a vet, a male vet, a hot, male vet. I find there is a paucity of vets in books so he was most welcome!

What I truly enjoyed about this book was the prominence of friendships over romance and the underdog rising up. The humour was perfect and the fairy tale in this book nearly did me in, brimming, brimming eyes. This book was a perfect interlude between Shiloh and the coming Stone Roses but it was a lot of pages for a novella so I felt most satisfied.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...