Friday 1 July 2016

SCARS by Jaimie Roberts


REVIEWED BY Joanne Swinney

SCARSSCARS by Jaimie Roberts
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 BEAUTIFUL STARS

"Time's up, beautiful" I just want to cry, I don't want it to be over. I want more, so much more. I know an Author jumps for joy when they type 'The End' but as a reader, I didn't want to get to the end. I could have read on and on and on. The story was so intense, I was on the edge of my seat. I literally had no clue as to what the outcome would be. Usually I can see what is going to happen or at least have an idea, but not even an inkling this time. High five Jaimie Roberts for keeping the mystery not only exciting but concealed till the time was most definitely right and my curiosity at an all time high.

Lily is a young lady with her whole life ahead of her. She's a beautiful girl with a good heart, maybe a little to trusting, but who can grow through life without making mistakes. Life is a constant lesson, we learn as we grow. Lily has a great bunch of friends around her, most of them anyways, there is always one that messes up.

When Lily believes she has a secret admirer, she doesn't confide in anyone, not even her closest friends. It's scary and exciting all at the same time. The admirer or stalker, whatever you want to call him because in this story he has no name to begin with, so I am not giving that out. He's sweet but dangerous, he's sexy but scarred, he's thoughtful but scary, he's masterful but intense. Oh yeah, he's got it all going on. Honestly through the story I was thinking, Oh My God!! Who does that? and Jesus! I hope no one actually tries this for real. You know when your children watch stunts on television and the narrator tells them 'do not try this at home' well, this is fiction people, the events, scenes that take place in this book should never be copied. It's against the law to stalk someone.

The secrets that are revealed will leave you stunned for sure. I just couldn't believe it. My mind was in a whirl, my heart beat was pounding, I thought it was going to pop through my chest. I won't lie, I was apprehensive about reading this book because dark reads are just not my thing, but it's not dark like that. It has a part in this book that will turn your stomach for sure but you will want to continue reading.

This is one of those books that I hope everyone reads. You will be taken on the most exciting and intense journey. For now my time is up. I am off to seek other books out by this Author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...