Sunday 3 July 2016

My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick




REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

My Life Next DoorMy Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 stars

YA is my genre sweet spot and I quickly knew that I was going to like this book. It ticked so many boxes, young love, chemistry, family relationships and that summer feeling. Jase and Samantha have an opposite sides of the track thing going on, despite being neighbours. Jase is a delightful young man, full of life, passion, fun and integrity. Sam is cautious and guarded but she is a development in progress.

Where this book excels is the character development around family relationships. There's a wicked mother and a large family in this book. The large family captured my interest and heart, it was so well written and I found myself under their spell. The writing in general I found to be of high quality enabling me to get lost in the pages but I felt like more was needed at the end. I felt somewhat disappointed by the abruptness of the ending.

This is my first book by Huntley Fitzpatrick and I wonder where I've been, not knowing about her till now. Her talent for an unusual story within the YA genre and character development means I am eager to find more of her work.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...