Friday 2 November 2018

Book Boyfriend by Dawn L. Chiletz


REVIEWED BY
Monique Cashmere 


Book BoyfriendBook Boyfriend by Dawn L. Chiletz
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I am a BIG fan of Dawn L. Chiletz and even though I love her rom-com’s the best, this second chance contemporary romance is pretty good too. It does have some great lines to keep you laughing but it is also a lot deeper than I was expecting with some angst and drama.

I enjoyed the storyline of an author breaking a writing draught by using a hook up of a total stranger on holidays and making him her new muse. Greer has had some hardships in her life which has given her some trust issues, but the one thing that is going well is her writing and a movie deal. Everyone falls for a book boyfriend but no one has ever had him come to life until now. Fisher whilst jogging along a beach smacks right into Greer and they spend the night getting to know each other and bonding over tacos. He has no idea what is to come when a new book hits the stands a few months later.

This is a quick read of a couple falling hard and fast but miscommunication stuffs things up. It’s not easy for Greer to trust with being stung badly before, and it will take some doing on both parts to mend the hurt that both received from each other. It felt a lot like life was imitating art with certain parts of this book and that some demons were expelled in writing it. I certainly felt for Greer and what she went through. At times I questioned Fisher’s motivation but he was such a sweetie and a true romantic I couldn’t help but fall for this book boyfriend.

*Reviewed by Monique for JoandIsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...