Friday 16 November 2018

Fireworks by Sarina Bowen

REVIEWED BY
Melinda Lazar 



Fireworks (True North, #6)Fireworks by Sarina Bowen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Fireworks by Sarina Bowen

I just lovvvve this series by Sarina Bowen! Every single book in the series has proven to be a huge hit for me and Fireworks was no exception. It’s the second-chance love story for Benito and Skylar who were best friends when they were younger and both secretly in love with the other. They’ve not had any communication with each other for twelve years and Skye wouldn’t have returned back to Vermont now if it wasn’t for her kind-of sister. Her memories of and experiences in Vermont were just awful and once Benny had let her down, she had no ties or desire to return. However, Skylar’s sister is in huge trouble and this forces Skye back into Benito’s sexy arms and life where he’s more than happy to have her.

While this was ultimately a romance, it also has a sense of mystery/suspense and given that I’ve not read one of those for a while, I really loved that! I really enjoyed watching these two find their way back to each other: I did wish Skye had opened up a bit more but I also understood why she couldn’t. I found myself a little frustrated with the fact that Skylar didn’t question what happened all those years ago when Benny let her down and the addition of the drama involving a certain character that I really could have done without brings me to the reason I’m giving this book 4 stars instead of the usual 5. Having said that, I still thoroughly enjoyed this book and Benito is just swoon-worthy!

*I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews


AMAZON US

AMAZON UK

BOOKBUB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...