Monday 21 January 2019

Birthday Suit by Lauren Blakely


REVIEWED BY
Monique Cashmere 


Birthday SuitBirthday Suit by Lauren Blakely
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

There was so much about this book that I loved and want to tell you all about it and why you should read it. But if I did, I would give far too much away. So let me condense it a little. In my honest opinion, it is a friends to lovers romance that is full of sweet gestures, hope and faith. There were some sad moments, and just as many funny times. It is a book with a full cast, being that of the main characters and their best friends, family, co-workers and parents. If you get the chance, which I did, add the audio, with every character getting an individual narrator, it is definitely one NOT to miss. Just brilliant. Some of the best moments were discovering NYC through their eyes, I just love that city. Also, I have to be straight with you, I was drooling over the descriptions of the chocolates! Now if we can only get those delivered with the book, that would be something!

Lulu was back in town, after needing to find space and herself and was setting up shop with her chocolates. She bumps into Leo, and other things, who is her long time friend. Leo has the means to help bring Lulu's creations to a bigger audience and they set about doing that. Along the way, they partake in a scavenger hunt through the city and this helps them rediscover their bond. It is not completely smooth sailing for these two to achieve their HEA, because guilt plays a big part of why Leo can not let go of the past.

The only way to conclude this review and to stress why you need this book is to tell you that once I was finished, my heart was full. I went about the rest of my day with a smile on my face and thinking about them and what else could lie ahead. Now if that isn't a great romance novel, that makes you happy and hopeful, then I don't know what is.


**Reviewed by Monique for JoandIsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...